Learning & Development
Allied Vehicles Group is committed to providing ongoing learning and development opportunities for all our staff. This enables us to address the needs of the organisation, in a competitive and changing business environment; to support the growth of individual employees; and to meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
From the outset, all new employees benefit from an induction programme. This covers essential information about the business, including company goals, structure and health and safety requirements. Our induction programme also features customer service information for all employees, reflecting our commitment to place the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Once in post, we seek to provide trade and professional pathways which enable individuals to progress their skills, role and responsibilities within the business.
Whether it’s undertaking appraisals, crafting personal development plans or identifying specific training requirements, our in-house V.I.P. system allows employees and managers to track their own and their team’s learning and development needs electronically. This in turn means the company is able to respond quickly and effectively to any training requirements and ensures that solutions can be tailored to the specific needs of the individual, the business and our customers.
Training and learning support is available in-house, across a variety of topics, from computer skills to vehicle assembly procedures and from health and safety requirements to customer service. We also work with external partners to support a number of certified training programmes. These include:
- Ongoing relationships with various local further education colleges and training providers to deliver a range of Scottish Vocational and National Certificate qualifications, leading to a recognised Modern Apprenticeship and ATA certified technicians
- Provision of work placements for young people through TIGERS (Training Initiatives Generating Effective Results Scotland) programme. Numerous TIGERS have gone on to secure permanent jobs with Allied, following completion of their initial work placement
- Peugeot-approved Silver and Gold level training and Master Technicians
- Cross-company supervisory and management development programmes
- IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safely
- First aid at work and defibrillator user training
- External workshops, seminars and training courses on specific technical and professional topics