Learning & Development
Allied Vehicles Group is committed to providing ongoing learning and development opportunities for all our staff. This enables us to address the needs of the organisation, in a competitive and changing business environment; to support the growth of individual employees; and to meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
From the outset, all new employees benefit from an induction programme. This covers essential information about the business, including company goals, structure and health and safety requirements. Our induction programme also features customer service information for all employees, reflecting our commitment to place the customer at the heart of all that we do.
Once in post, we seek to provide trade and professional pathways which enable individuals to progress their skills, role and responsibilities within the business.
Whether it’s undertaking appraisals, crafting personal development plans or identifying specific training requirements, our in-house appraisal form allows employees and managers to track their own and their team’s learning and development needs electronically. This in turn means the company is able to respond quickly and effectively to any training requirements and ensures that solutions can be tailored to the specific needs of the individual, the business and our customers.
Learning and Development support is available in-house and externally across a variety of topics, from IT skills to vehicle assembly procedures and from health and safety requirements to customer service. We also work with external partners to support a number of certified training programmes. These include:
- Ongoing relationships with various local further education colleges, universities and training providers to deliver a range of nationally recognised and industry-specific qualifications, up to degree level. Provision of work placements for young people through foundation apprenticeships, summer placements for university students, TIGERS (Training Initiatives Generating Effective Results Scotland) programme. Numerous participants have gone on to secure permanent jobs with Allied, following completion of their initial work placement
- We offer a broad range of modern apprenticeships in IT, Marketing, Customer Service, Business Administration and specific Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle manufacturer-approved Silver and Gold level training and Master Technicians
- In house supervisory and management development programmes from our dedicated L&D team
- A broad range of health & safety qualifications including IOSH, Fire Warden, First Aid and NEBOSH
- External workshops, seminars and training courses on specific technical and professional topics